Academy 4SC Curriculum Developer (Summer 2023)
Academy 4 Social Change is an animated video project aimed at making an interdisciplinary liberal arts education accessible to students of all ages. We believe that exposing students to concepts in the fields of philosophy, psychology, history, economics, global issues, and more at a young age is the way to build an informed citizenry that is aware of the issues and has the desire and capacity to drive social change.
Academy 4SC is a resource for teachers who want to teach (and anyone who wants to learn) fundamental skills and concepts necessary to be effective civic leaders. Each topic includes an animated video, lesson plan, worksheet, and written overview.
We are currently seeking a curriculum writer who is interested in working on videos related to Artificial intelligence, AI ethics, and media literacy. This is an ideal position for a current graduate student interested in AI, ethics, education, media, or the intersection of all these topics.
Breakdown of Deliverables: There are four components that you will develop for each topic:
- Content Write-Up (Approx. 500-1000 words): Teach the topic in a blog post/article.
- Content Script (Approx. 5-10 minutes): A script for an animated video
- You will take the write-up and just add notes on how an animator can illustrate the point.
- Lesson Plan (Approx. 45-60 minutes): Lesson plans to accompany the video so that teachers can just use the video without much effort in the classroom.
- Worksheet (Approx. 1-2 pages) for students to use after watching the video/reading the post/being taught by the teacher
How It’s Used: After you are done with the above, the following four things will happen:
- Your content will be checked over and editors will let you know if they suggest any changes
- A voiceover will be recorded for the script you write
- An animator will create the animation based on the script and voiceover
- All of this will be uploaded to the site for everyone to access
Temporary position for the summer (exact start and end dates negotiable)
- Some demonstrable topic area expertise either through informal or formal education or previous work experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Some prior teaching experience (preferred)
United 4 Social Change Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
How to apply:
Email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected]
Include “Academy 4SC Curriculum Developer” in the subject line